Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Meet Van Allen - Owner of The Hire Connection


Van_1128CollarCSq

Meet Van Allen


Born in Orange, TX, Van grew up in Lake Charles, LA. Van made a few stops before graduating from Southwestern University in Waxahachie, TX. After chasing his music dream in Nashville, TN, he moved to Dallas, TX and tripped into the physician recruiting business. Van considers himself the luckiest person in the world because he found something he loved at a young age and he has never looked back. After working for the largest physician recruiting company in the country, he moved to Columbia, MO and opened his own firm. He sold that company in 2006 and then came back into the arena he loves and knows so well and opened his latest venture, The Hire Connection.


We put some questions to Van and here are his answers!


1) Where did you grow up?

Born in Orange, TX but grew up most of my life in Lake Charles, LA. My mom and dad who are still married after 55 years met in Lake Charles and that is where we spent most of of our life.

2) Why did you get into the medical recruiting business?

I answered an ad in the Dallas Morning Newspaper. The business seemed interesting, fast paced, steep learning curve and I worked with a great group of guys who made my initial foray into the physician recruiting world a lot of fun.

3) What is your favorite type of music?

Any kind of country. New and Old. And then there are some obscure artists that I just love like David Wilcox.



4) Who is your family?

I am married to Julie. We have been married for 15 years and we have an awesome daughter, Reagan. Reg is very involved in competition dance which keeps her and her mother pretty busy.

5) What is your favorite sport to follow and who is your favorite team?

My favorite sport is baseball and I love the Texas Rangers but I am also and avid Dallas Cowboy fan.

6) What movie did you last see that you liked?

The last movie I saw at the movie theater was Jaws. That pretty much sums of my passion for movies. There are a lot of things I would much rather do than sit in a chair for 3 hours.



7) What is your biggest pet peeve?

Tardiness.

8) What do you like to do when you relax?

I don't relax a lot but my favorite past time would be playing golf.

9) What do you like most about living in Missouri

I love everything about MO. I love the four seasons even when it's extreme. I love the lake. It's my favorite place. We have two seasons and both are great. We have the high energy tourism season and then we have the locals quiet season. They are both great.

10) What is the best thing you like most about medical recruiting?

I love the pace of the work and I love the problem solving component of this line of work. You have to be able to think very quick on your feet, you have to be able to juggle a lot of balls at one time and we work with very high level professionals.



The Hire Connection offers its clients the industry's most comprehensive range of healthcare recruitment services. Coupling technology, expertise and accountability, The Hire Connection services are designed to source, screen, qualify, present and place the RIGHT providers to satisfy recruitment goals and improve provider retention. Give us a call today!


No comments:

Post a Comment