Friday, September 26, 2014

Meet Rob Weigand - THC Executive Director of Recruiting!

Our team at The Hire Connection is the best! 


Meet Rob Weigand,  The Hire Connection's Executive Director of Recruiting.  Rob is another Rock Star on our team and we wanted you to get to know him a little better.  We put some questions to Rob, and here are his answers!


1)   How did you get into the medical recruiting business?

I was working in the restaurant business which I really enjoyed but the hours were not the best for spending time with a growing family. An old friend came into the restaurant I was managing at the time and we started talking about her career and it turned out to be healthcare recruiting. It really sounded appealing to me so she lined up a job for me and I have been enjoying it ever since.



2) Who is your family? (wife, kids)

My wife, Tanya, is a licensed clinical social worker who just started a new position with the Columbia Public Schools at Battle High School. She also maintains her own private practice here in Columbia dealing primarily with children and families. I have 2 girls - Emily, 7 and Kaitlyn, 11. They have been involved in many things from competitive dance teams to the current activities which are piano for Emily and singing for Kaitlyn. 



3) Where did you go to school? (HS & College)

I attended Mc Cluer North High School in St. Louis and graduated from University of Missouri in Columbia.

4) What is your favorite sports team?

My favorite sports teams are the Cardinals and whoever is playing the Cubs.

5) What do you do to relax?

The best way for me to relax is with a good book.

6) What do you enjoy the most about working at The Hire Connection?

The best thing about working at The Hire Connection is the people - everyone is focused on delivering the highest quality results for our clients. Everyone is fun and easy to get along with but, at the same time, very serious about performing at the highest level in the industry. I have met some extremely dedicated people here that are truly driven to succeed.


7) Where is your favorite place to visit?

Anywhere new I can go with the family - we love exploring new cities and vacationing. There is not one favorite place I target but have been to Chicago several times and really enjoy the city.

8) What kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to such a wide variety of music it is ridiculous. I like anything from pop and country to classic rock, dixieland and jazz. The assortment in my iTunes library is pretty astounding.


9) What’s your greatest success so far?

My greatest success so far in life has been my family - I could not ask for better. In recruiting, I have won several awards and been a part of hundreds of placements so there are many successes. The greatest though, for me, have to be the people I have trained and developed - watching them turn into top recruiters and seeing how it changes them and their life.


10) What qualities make up a good recruiter?

It is really tough to identify the qualities that make up a good recruiter. I have seen hundreds of recruiters come during my time in this field - some who you think will make it fail miserably and others you don't think have a prayer end up blowing it out of the water. One absolute is a drive to succeed - absolutely nothing in this business is handed to you and you really have to stay on top of things at all times to achieve positive results. You also need to be solutions oriented and have the ability to adapt to change and learn new things quickly.

The Hire Connection offers its clients the industry's most comprehensive range of healthcare recruitment services. Coupling technology, expertise and accountability, The Hire Connection services are designed to source, screen, qualify, present and place the RIGHT providers to satisfy recruitment goals and improve provider retention. Give us a call today!



No comments:

Post a Comment